Planets Sun Sun Sun

Friday, September 10, 2010

The thing about Amber Chia

I'm sorry if i tried to use any appealing keyword (i.e. Amber Chia in this case) to increase my blog traffic. Grrr.... i don't care, i want my traffic.

Shhrrr.... back to the topic.

This first time i know Amber Chia was like, I don't know, ages ago? The first impression was like she won one of the prestigious model competition, was that the Guess one? I remember seeing her big poster in some of the KL store, it was hard not to notice her because she had the 'ummmpppphhhh' feeling. Paris Hilton was on the poster as well which i don't even want to look at her twice.



I don't really like/hate her at the beginning until much later i realize most models are brainless and dumb-ass  and things like that. One of my friend told me 'the law of modeling' is to sleep with  the manager or the boss or whoever earn the most in order to be a well-known model. I guess i am not the only one who heard this. So the manager sleep with a lot of model and Amber could be one of it that pay the price and then become famous. So she was lucky because most didn't get famous even they sleep around

No offense, really, that was when i am super super naive....

The thing was my not-so-like-her attitude lasted for quite a long time. Because i thought she was nothing big except in Malaysia. You can't compare her with other supermodel like Lily Cole, Anja Rubik, etc. right? Then i realize she was taking most commercial in the country when she could go beyond this place. One of the commercial that made me stunned was a rice commercial (Was that jasmine rice?).

My first reaction was like 

 'a flashing meteor (not the meteor garden -______-), the golden period already passed, she had to take this kind of commercial to earn her living'

But then as time passes, i realised she was more then an AMBER CHIA.
Like more than something.....something.... that i can't explain (Sowwwiieee for my limited vocabs)

I am assuming she wasn't raised with English speaking family..............



and then until this stage where she can .................



I would say that was a pretty massive improvement.

Also assuming she doesn't received any prestige education (like me, ehem), i can see she never stop learning from the beginning until today. 

I am not sure why she wants the stay at Malaysia when she could go beyond this point, but i am sure she had her reason. And this is also why she earn her respect from most Malaysians.

I mean, helloo??? even Jimmy Choo only had one' mini' store in KL, kay? Singapore has like 4 stores and Indonesia has like 2 stores.

I didn't know many things about Amber Chia, as how she had her success up to today. But i think she is a good learner that never stop learning. And from what i heard from other people, she is like super humble and down to earth that she is willing to take photo with everyone even after her event.

Which i was very surprising at first..............Because i thought all models are self-centered and LCLY, or am i the only one to think like this ??

Last thing, who said pregnant lady can't work, i don't see Amber ever stop working even she's pregnant. So, all the rich tai tai or any young lady thought 'i should not do anything because I AM PREGNANT'

No, no such thing, kay? You just have to take care yourself doesn't mean you have to sleep all day.

If Amber is reading this post, i really want to tell you, Malaysia is so proud of having you. I hope i can meet you in person and give you a hug.
Because.........

If she is not reading this post, then ...... she is not reading lar .......

p/s: With Amber Chia Academy opening, i am so happy there's such school in Malaysia, if i am not studying, i might join this Academy. I mean i could win a chance to NY fashion week, why not give it a try.

2 comments:

  1. ... last time you ownself said don't like her one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. opinion will change one mah, in fact, i think her academy is going to succeed :D

    ReplyDelete